Green Mahjong 1.1 was released today. The changes are numerous. Version 1.1 fixes many bugs, is themable, has an adaptive resolution (convergence) and is much faster.
And here a screenshot of the theme “classic”:
Here is the detailed changelog:
- On Ubuntu Touch, Oxyde is used instead of Webkit/Ubuntu Cordova. This fixes a problem in version 1.0 where the game was only displayed in the upper quarter of the screen.
- Green Mahjong chooses the highest resolution game sprites possible for the used screen size. Four different sprite resolutions are available. Thus, everythink looks nice on the desktop, on a 10 inch tablet and on smaller smartphones. This even works at runtime, e.g. when resizing the browser on a desktop computer!
- Because of the adaptive resolution, the app “Green Mahjong High Resolution” is not needed anymore in the Ubuntu Click store and was removed
- Themes! Two different theme sets are delivered: classic and fruits.
- a big performance boost: version 1.0 used CSS3 shadows to archieve a more enjoyable look. However, CSS shadows are very slow and drawing the game quite slow. We archieved a 20x performance boost by predrawing the shadows as PNG pictures.
- new background pictures
- a new nice looking menu toolbar
- a new game icon
- the artwork is released under the creative common non commercial license
Here is the link to the project Git repository:
We release the game tiles under the CC BY-NC license. Here is the link: SVG tiles.
Finally, the game can be tried out in the browser, too: Green Mahjong